Are you a fisherman? There are opportunities for both Sea and Coarse fishing in Ceredigion.
Boat rips are available from New Quay pier ranging from 90 minute Mackerel trips, 2 to 4 hour reef fishing trips, bass trips and all the way up to Shark trips.
Contact Tim of Epic Fishing Trips on 07989496526 or e-mail at email@example.com for availability.
2, 4 & 8 hour trips are available on board the Dunbar Castle II – contact:
Daytime: 01545 560800
Evening: 01545 560375
Or visit the booking office on the pier.
The Celtic Spirit sails out of Aberystwyth all year round. Trips range from 2 to 10 hours. For further details, contact Sean Roche on 07973215106.
- Llanarth Coarse Fishery – It is just off the A487 south of the filling station in Llanarth. It has a 2 acre pond with Carp, Tench, Bream and Roach and another mixed coarse pond. Bait is available on site and charges are £5 per day. Telephone number: 01545 580598.
- Llanerchaeron – East of Aberaeron. 2 miles of fishing of the River Aeron. Permits from National Trust Office. Telephone number: 01570 471034.
- Fron Farm Fishery – The fishery is at Bontnewydd, Bronnant. There are four lakes; one for coarse angling and three for Trout and Atlantic Salmon. Full disabled access to the lower lake and night fishing available. Open all year. Telephone number: 01974 251392.
- Nine Oaks Angling Centre – The fishery is at Oakford SA47 0RW. There are 3 Trout pools stocked with Rainbow Trout, Blues and Brown Trout from 2lbs. A top class mixed Coarse Fishery with 2 superb Coarse lakes and 1 well stocked Novices pool. Disabled friendly site with easy access to all areas. Tackle shop & refreshments available and night fishing by arrangement. Open all year. Telephone number: 01545 580482.
- Rhydlewis Trout Fishery – There is a 3 acre lake and onsite smokery. Telephone number: 01239 851224.
- Teglan Fishery – This is Wales’ only purpose built disabled fishery and can be found at Ciliau Aeron (on the main road from Aberaeron to Lampeter). They have 2 lakes as well as river fishing on the Aeron. Passes are £6 per person per day. Permits required. Telephone number: 01570 471115.
- Alltrodyn Trout Lake – The lake is at Capel Dewi and is catch and release fly only. For further details contact Tony Bennett on 01545 590376.
- Celtic Lakes Resort – This is at Creuddyn Bridge and provides Coarse Fishery only. Telephone number: 07896411650 or 078701652535.
- Cwm Rheidol Lakes – Aberystwyth Angling Association Permits available from multiple outlets. For further details: http://www.aber-angling.co.uk/
It is also possible to fish from shore wherever accessible with both bait and tackle being available locally.
- Rockhoppers Sea Angling Club – Telephone number: 07817601540.
Multiple other locations are available throughout the county.